Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, May 28, 2011

Info Post



I am trying to cut back on cosmetic spending, and so headed to the local 'drugstore' for a new tube of mascara. Maybelline seems to have a good rep for mascara so I choose its newest, Falsies.

Brush: You can see from the image that the brush is a rubber, curved impalement. The crescent shape is a good idea, but I'm not convinced that it caught anymore lashes that a straight brush. Lash separation is good, and does indeed nod towards the 'false lash effect', but it is not as prominent as higher end brand YSL False Lash.

Effect:The overall finish is not particularly lengthening, volumising or curling.The look is very straight, separated and stiff, and when wearing with a slick of black liquid liner (as I almost always am), my lashes are barely visible!


Formula: A good black formula that is a good consistency and dries matte. I did notice that there was a tendency for a blob to form on the tip of each lash. You can see this in the pic below.

Verdict: Disappointed. I fear that I have been spoilt for too long with designer mascaras. This is better than having bare lashes but is not terribly enhancing. I will bear it for day, but for evening I need something a little more dramatic. If you want a true false lash effect, definitely opt for the YSL version, it's worth the cash!


0 comments:

Post a Comment