Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, May 14, 2011

Info Post


Yellow nail polish is usually a little too bright for my tastes, but when my bessie Ellie BBM'd me with details of her new season Chanel purchase, I jealously begged her to bring the bottle along to our Friday night wine session.

Chanel Mimosa is a bright, canary yellow polish with a subtle and fine golden shimmer (which you can see in the picture above). The colour is beautiful in the bottle, but it doesn't translate quite as well to the nail; as with other Chanel polishes, the glitter and sparkle seems to disappear on the nail, making a seemingly superior shade very similar to other cheaper yellows.

In addition, the formula is an absolute nightmare to apply. You need to apply at least 4 very thin coats to get a strong colour. If there is too much polish on the brush, it simply doesn't dry. I have ended up with bumpy smudged nails to show for my impatience! From experience, yellow polishes are traditionally streaky on application, but it is a little insulting to have such trouble when paying £17.50 a bottle.





For all its faults, I am very much enjoying having bright lemon nails. It is the perfect complement to this season's colour blocking trend, and just begs to be worn with neon lips! A definite beauty must-try, but I recommend choosing a cheaper brand to get your yellow fix.



0 comments:

Post a Comment