Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, March 27, 2011

Info Post

The 60s is probably my favourite beauty era with it's dark flicked eyes, powder pale lips and spiky lashes. My everyday makeup look isn't too different to the above, but I added a few extremities to step out into the London night.

Face

Perhaps go a shade lighter than usual if your foundation library allows you the liberty? I used my usual colour but made sure to pat the skin with power to get a fully Matte finish.

I actually also applied a very light peach blusher (can't really detect in the above image) to give my chubby cheeks a little definition.

Eyes
I used YSL liquid liner. Start half way down the eyelid and paint slowly along the lash line before letting the brush flick out at the corner. Once you have the basic line you can build up it to achieve a bolder look.

Lashes were generally extreme in the 60s, long, thick and fluttery. I didn't have the time or patience to fiddle around with falsies, so instead dug out my old YSL false lash mascara. This is one of my favourite products, so this particular tube on its last legs. In fact a slightly dried up gloopy mascara is perfect for achieving a clumped lash, so don't throw yours away if they are less than 4 months old! I layered it on the top lashes and then dragged the brush left to right on my bottom lid to define and group the lashes.

Lip

I have a wide selection of nude lippies, but went with Rimmel 001 Nude Attitude. Top tip is to rub foundation over your lips before applying to intensify the colour and staying power.

Voila

Ready for the pub! Sadly 2 red wines later the nude lip was not looking quite so good- makes me wonder if I should make drink choices based on lipstick colour?

0 comments:

Post a Comment