Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Info Post
I was delighted to be sent the bestselling Remington Smooth and Silky EP6030 to try. I have never ever used an epilator before, so therefore have no solid comparison for this product. This review will best serve as an honest guide for my comrades, nervy first time users who are scared of pain, yet longing for a smooth leg!

Spec: This model boasts 42 tweezers (impressive) and 2 speeds for epilation. This was very handy when tentatively veering towards the leg for the first time, the slow setting is far less aggressive sounding- also a handy function for more sensitive areas. The machine can be used with a cord or cordless, which would be really handy for travel.

Comfort:
I would skip straight to this on reading an epilator review...I'm not sure how painful other models are to use, but I can vouch that this Remington one is not at all distressing. I feel faint after a blood test but had no trouble rolling it up and down my legs. The 'moisturising rollers' on the head must indeed be effective method of soothing freshly epilated skin.

Of course, it is impossible to pluck a hair without some sort of sensation, but I would call it a 'pinch' rather than pain. Granted, the knees are tricky more customers, and actually the armpits are seriously ouch, but I think this stems from the fact that it is awkward to stretch the skin, and epilate in the direction of the hair.

Efficiency:
The shape of the tweeze head is curved and perfect for leg epilation, it allows you to follow the shape of the calf and thigh beautifully. I had envisaged clearing hair from strip of leg in one swell sweep, but in reality had to go over an area a few times before the hair was removed thoroughly- this was not too much of a problem with time on my hands and minimal pain, I'm not sure but perhaps it is usual to have to scour the skin multiple times for a smooth result?

Extras: The model comes presented in a handy zip pouch, along with a stylish purple exfoliating glove and a cleaning brush. There are also interchangeable heads, a foil shaver and a smaller precision epilator- useful but I probably won't use these often.

Overall:
Cheaper and more convenient that waxing, epilating is a revelation to me! Results lasted well over a week, and the hair has grown back much finer so it is hardly noticeable. You do need to plan your hair removal quite strategically as the process leaves you will a plucked chicken look leg which is not palatable for the outside world, but this is one of the only drawbacks.

As for armpits, I don't think any epilator is going near then again. That was pain. I couldn't access the area properly and left myself with some bleeding pores (this review is getting more grotesque by the second). A shame for summer, but not the end of the world.

As far as epilators go, this is a safe investment that is gentle enough for the inexperienced leg. Highly recommended.

0 comments:

Post a Comment