Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Info Post

Red lips are a cosmetic safety net. Any time you want to add glamour, drama or interest to an outfit, a slick of rouge is a safe bet for making the right sort of statement. However, a seasonal dry lip has prevented me from being as liberal as I would like with lipstick- for a matte product, lips need to be in optimum condition. Therefore I decided to experiment with a two-tone look. I like the creepiness of a darker outline which melts into a pinkish center.

I took the above pic with a flash so the colours are not represented as accurately as I hoped. I started with a red Barry M lip liner to define and sharpen my cupids bow, before washing Duwop's Twilight Lip Venom (I know but it's good!) over the entire lip. I finished by painting a darker smudgy Chanel red around the lip line, and blended with a brush.

0 comments:

Post a Comment