Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, August 27, 2009

Info Post
Yesterday Jeanie and I went to the Arcadia bloggers event. Held in their Oxford St Head office it was chance to see the new collections from Topshop, Dorothy Perkins, Miss Selfridge and Evans. On arrival we grabbed a chilled glass of white and began fawning over the clothes; there was a photo booth set up in the room and it then dawned on us that we could try on the clothes for a mini photo shoot. I was very excited.

We joined the other bloggers rummaging through rails for an outfit to 'model', I was edging towards the white, nudey lacy things only to be pulled away by Jeanie as I 'always wear things like that'. True. I settled upon a glittery mini dress with super shoulders, rather optimistically as the dress was a size too small. I got it on, though the length was perhaps indecent and even found a sequined beret to replace my beloved black beanie! Jeanie went for shoulder padded with beading- basically we were all about the shoulders. The result?

Photobucket

It was such a fun evening; it was lovely to meet all the faces behind the blogs and Arcadia were really generous with wine and canapes! It is a genius idea to let people actually interact with the clothes as opposed to simply looking at them on the rail- modern marketing at its best, I'm sure many other will follow suit. We were also given a memory stick with all the pictures to take home with us (hello Facebook) which was a nice treat. My only regret is not shoving my feet into the leopard print Ashish wedges, but apparently they are still on sale so who knows how frivolous I may be after pay day?

The Outtakes:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Behind The Scenes:


Photobucket

Photobucket
( I love this jumper, it has a pom pom hood)


Please check back tomorrow because I have an exciting competition with a shopping prize!


0 comments:

Post a Comment