Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Info Post

When it comes to summer, I am a bit of a vampire. A hint of streaming sunlight sees me covering up my shoulders and donning a wide brimmed hat. This was not always the case, but after summers trying to tan and failing, after being mocked by grandads who were purple with sunstroke (Antigua 2006) I decided to embrace the goth and stay as pale as possible. To look like I was pale with a purpose, rather than the sad truth of having sun resistant legs.

I am particularly keen to keep a pale face and after a disaster with some Loreal 'Face' sunscreen I was eager to try out this Clinique City Block Sheer. I niftily managed to slip it in mother's shopping basket amongst her duty free Toberlones and brandy, and have used it a few times since.

The Lowdown

This product is designed to be worn as a makeup primer, and its oil free base is actually perfect for this task. When used under foundation it manages oily spots whilst also smoothing out dry patches, great for combination girls like myself.

I have also worn it alone for the past few days. It has a hint of colour to it so if you are looking for something to even out your skin tone naturally its a nice alternative to more greasy tinted moisturisers. Although the colour is quite sheer, I still found it a little dark for my pale skin and there were some patches to be rubbed in when I got to work and looked in the cruelly luminous mirror. That being said, most people wouldn't have a problem with the colour and I had just slapped it on in a rush.

The verdict?
It's great to have such high SPF in a product that is designed for the face; it is also very reasonable (around £10) which is unusual for SPF products. There is also a Clinque 'Super City Block' which is SPF 50, and I might well go for that one after I finish this tube.

Has anyone else found any good face products with a high SPF? I'm always on the look out!


0 comments:

Post a Comment