Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Info Post
Ok, I'm not in turmoil, I just love a good spot of alliteration. We all remember the Prada s/s 07 drama when models were sent down the catwalk sporting silky turbans. It was media grabbing, a chance for the general public to tut over the ridiculous nature of fashion trends, 'whatever next?! It will never take off, not on my head' etc etc

Personally I also had doubts, we don't all have the supermodel cheekbones to carry off towering headpieces and my chubby cheeks and dimples were enough to convince me that I should probably never ever wear a turban as a fashion accessory.




Now I am not so sure...
Whilst browsing my favourite ASOS I noticed they had a black turban in their 'just arrived' section, and against my better (chubby cheek realising) judgment, I found that I rather liked it! Here it is...



I'm a little cautious that they have shot the model profile in both pictures, what does it look like from straight on?? But I can see myself in a dark party with straight long hair poking out under the coil of black silk. I think it would work well with really strong make up, dark lined eyes and bright or super pale lips.


What is the general consensus on this? The black one is £25, not a ridiculous amount but slightly too much to buy without a great deal of realistic pondering. I hate being realistic. It spoils everything.

0 comments:

Post a Comment