Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Info Post
I love shoes and usually the more ridiculously high the better! 5 inch heels were a staple to me and I was no stranger to pain. I calculated that wearing my shoes I would stumble on the uneven London pavements at least 5 times in a night, and fall over completely 1 in every 3 nights out.

These odds are actually really accurate and I accepted them. I would set out wobbily, and allocate a gay friend to lend me his arm for every staircase. In my bag I would have a squashed pair of ballet pumps which would be changed into at the end of an evening at the bus stop or in the street and the heels would be carried home dangling from my fingers.

But these days I have shamefully lost my confidence in heels! I had a really nasty fall in the middle of Punk nightclub, I slipped on some liquid and fell right back until my hair hit the floor and my hat fell off my head!! It was awfully embarassing! And there is the problem of walking to to venues; so often we don't actually know where the party is and amble around streets for quite some time before actually getting where we wanted to go..

These factors combined, recently I have found myself avoiding my beautiful skyscrapers and opting for a boring safe heel. The though of the stress and pain of my highest heels is not attractive, it resembles an assault course both in metaphor and reality..It was with these sentiments that I today clicked a never before accessed section on topshop.com, the 'low-mid heel'

Eugh there is nothing in there that tempts me, stumps so small it is not a heel at all, why bother! No, I have decided that what I need is a chunky heel with a platform toe and perhaps a strap for security. There are some on ASOS, I quite like these French Connection fringed heels, they are look comfy without looking boring; the others I am less enthusiastic about. I wish I were vintage girl whom can pull off the cutesty 50s look but alas in these Mary Janes I would look frumpy.

Mid


I cannot abandon my lovely collected silly heels though, and with such a low budget for new purchases, the old shoes are bound to make an appearance during fashion week. Out will come the old ballet flats, the dignity will once again be risked… yes what the heck, you are only young once and I’d rather look a fool in good shoes.








0 comments:

Post a Comment