Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, January 22, 2010

Info Post

I have never tried Ciate nail paint before but have admired the bottle and range of shades from afar. Their collaboration with ASOS produced a range of very striking colours, and when I attended the beauty press day awhile back, I was lucky enough to take a twin polish set home with me. Each set contains contrasting shades, and I opened mine to find Chloe (above), a pale creamy nude, and Victoria, a dark red.


Chloe


Chloe looks almost china white and chalky in the bottle, but paints out as a creamy beige with tan undertones. It was easy to apply and stayed put for 3 days + which is impressive for a serial nail-chipper such as myself, and even when it did begin to flake off, the pale colour makes it far less obvious than with darker shades. The colour is very subtle, but classic. It gives a sophisticated polished look which was nice for a change! Also worth noting that the formula is quite thick, so it gives a 3D professional finish that could easily be mistaken for a proper, paid for manicure.


Victoria


I will start by saying that I love this colour. I may even go as far as saying that it is the perfect shade of dark red, unlike Rouge Noir and its followers, this has no brown undertones and is simply a deep berry-like red with a pretty translucency to it. Two coats it appears raspberry, yet after three coats it becomes plum, which gives a good versatility. Unfortunately the formula itself is a little trying with the patience, it is quite gloopy to paint on, and chips easily, after a day I found my nails looking a shabby. Even so, the colour is enough to keep me going with it, and it has been on my nails perhaps 25% of every month (a good percentage for one who changes colour often). I am down to half a bottle and unless I find a similar colour, it will need to be replaced!

0 comments:

Post a Comment