Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, August 7, 2010

Info Post

After congratulating myself on my particularly 'natural' makeup the other day, and duly taking a photo to demonstrate my look, I realised that I was a victim of a classic girls' misconception. Many moons ago I read a wise book (Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging) and can remember the main character (Georgina) writing in her diary that she was creating a natural look to meet her crush (Robbie). She then reels off a list of about 15 products that it took to create this bare faced look. I laughed at this when I read it but I confess I am no better.

To create my 'natural look' I used the following:

1. Bobby Brown tinted moisturiser in Albaster
2. Dior Show mascara
3. Dior skin flash under-eye pen
4. Laura Mercier blush in wild Bouquet
5. MAC lipstick in Creme D'Nude

All those products to create a fresh, inconspicuous facade! My idea of natural makeup is clearly not so natural at all. I should be contemplating a product strike and boldly stepping out with nothing but a smear of Olay upon the cheek, yet when I look at the above picture I can't help wishing that I had thought to use my Benefit Brow Zing- my eyebrows would take a more natural hue with a little powdered colour.

0 comments:

Post a Comment