Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Info Post


I have made no secret of my love of skulls. I, like Hamlet, enjoy the idea of the romanticism of holding a skull in my hand. Recently I have come across some products that are less earthy and rotten than Hamlets' skull of Yorik, but yet remain deliciously gothic. The above ring by Alexander McQueen is divine, I want that creepy grinning skull resting on my knuckles with his glowing pearl eyes. The bumble bee makes it even more dark in my opinion, the seemingly feminine insect reminds us of how flies flock to decay. Wonderful!

And then the below...a ebony wax skull candle from D.L & Co. I don't know how this has been made, but the size and shape seems very realistic, as though it was cast from the mold of a real skull. This would rest beautifully on the mantelpiece of my cave room, though I wouldn't dare to light it- at $90 it is to be admired not used.



0 comments:

Post a Comment