Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, February 5, 2010

Info Post

Yum. The above photo brings back excellent eating memories. Last week I attended a Pizza Express event to promote their new lighter food options. I often frequent Pizza Express armed with 2 for 1 vouchers, and I am so well learned in the restaurant locations that I navigate Soho streets using their round signs as beacons, so I was more than happy to go along after work and sample the goods.

We were greeted with the Crostini Al Pomodoro,

Ciabatta bread topped with santos tomatoes marinated in extra virgin olive oil, garlic and fresh oregano. Served on rocket leaves, shavings of grana padano and balsamic syrup.

Delicious! This lighter option doesn't feel like you are making any sacrifices with a crispy carby base and some nice cheesy toppings. Here is B enjoying a bite.



We then got the opportunity to make our own pizza! We rolled the dough and diligently cut out the centre to make the lighter Leggera pizza. This pizza promises to come in at under 500 calories, thanks to the addition of a salad center, lower fat mozzarella, and clever toping portion control. Though I am usually an all or nothing eater (literally) this is a very good idea to satisfy the pizza vs salad dithers.



Thanks to B for the picture of us both- I took one on my own camera but I had a very large arm in it! After the eating, we were brought the lighter desert, Sotto Zero.

Two scoops of delicious low fat natural frozen yoghurt topped with blackcurrants in syrup with a dark chocolate straw.

I really enjoyed this and would eat it again. It was not as creamy as real ice-cream but had more boot than an acidic sorbet. A fair trade if one is trying to be healthy.



All this was enjoyed with a glass of low calorie, low alcohol wine. Refreshing and fruity it is a very pleasant drink, however, I can't really see me choosing this over a bottle of rich velvety Merlot!

0 comments:

Post a Comment