Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, June 13, 2009

Info Post
I always feel a pressure to do something fun on Saturdays and make the most of the short lived freedom. Yet mostly I spend it sleeping and sometimes writing. At least in our new flat I can sit out of the window with a cuppa and watch folk eating from the expensive roof restaurant opposite, human contact of sorts..

Anyway.

This Thursday I went to 2 interesting events. The first was for G-shock watches in Carnaby St...

I used to have a 'Baby-G' when I was about 10, it was chalk blue and I do believe very cool at the time. However, I did not realise the technology behind these watches (obviously). At the party in 24 Kingly Road, we walked in to find a presentation in full swing, power point projections adorned the walls and the creator was doing a very charming voice over explaining how he invented the shock resistant watch.

Amazingly he captured the attention of the wine handed fashion crowd and we all listened to the charming story of how he watched a little girl bounce a ball and imagined a watch in it?! I can't remember the technicalities but the basic message of the story was that he didn't give up and kept trying new things to design the watch, eventually selling 33 million worldwide!

We didn't stay long and annoyingly I forgot to take photos. Even more annoyingly, when I googled the event I found out JLS and Mark Ronson were there later on bah! I would have liked to look at Mark. Here is a token G Shock watch though...



B and I left and caught the 55 to Shoreditch all inspired by the BUT I DID NOT GIVE UP mantra of the G-Shock director's talk. Drunkenly inspired I will admit but there are some exciting things in the pipeline! 'Stay tuned' and all that.

Our next flying visit was to the Fenchurch event. The brand have been around for 10 years and threw a warehouse bash to celebrate the occasion. We followed the birthday balloons to the venue where the party was in full swing.

I think earlier there was a catwalk presentation (the derelict runway gave it away) but we were too late so sipped some potent gin and tonics and left at a very modest hour. All I can say is that I am glad my flat was near opposite the party. Handy indeed.

I managed to take some blurry photos here, stunning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment