Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, December 11, 2010

Info Post

Blogging has be stunted due to moving house and losing internet access, so this post is a little behind the times. A week or so ago I braved the cold of London to pop along to the HQ Hair and Nars bloggers event, just off Regent Street.

We were given to opportunity to have our makeup done by Nars artist David, and this I seized, asking him if he could create an interesting day look. I wear makeup everyday, it is requisite for work and has now leaked into my weekends. I almost always apply something to my face before leaving the house, if not for vanity, then simply for enjoyment of the ritual. I have a table with draws full of products, yet it is the same basic components that I use every day. A swipe of foundation, bolded eyebrows, cover under eye bags (important), a slick of eyeliner and coat of mascara. Blush and lipstick optional. This I can do in my sleep, the entire routine takes little more than 5 minutes with my practiced hand. I asked David to give me an alternative that would be subtle enough for the office.

Removing my day-old eyeliner, he began with a sweep of golden creamy eyeshadow, upon which he built a myriad of dark shimmering browns and metallic greens. Black was avoided completely, leaving definition of the eye to a smoky purple which was patted around the eye line with a hard brush. Black mascara completed the look.

The result was surprisingly enhancing, and I especially loved the contouring and blending which always makes a professionally made-up face differ from that designed by an amateur. David confessed that blending is indeed the key, and suggested when you think you have blended your eye colour enough, continue for another five minutes! It will take me a little practice, but this is a look that could rival the vintage eyeliner flick.



The result

Thanks to fellow blogger Bianca for these pictures- love this airbrushing camera setting!

Please bear with me on the blogging front. I have pictures lined up for posts but my activity is limited to wi-fi cafes at the moment!

0 comments:

Post a Comment