Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, November 16, 2009

Info Post
Review



I have become a little obsessed with painting my nails and change the colour as soon as a chip appears, sometimes even when they are still perfect! I had began to get bored of my colours so it was fantastic when I was given the opportunity to try out the new Mavala winter collection, Viva La Colour. These colours are inspired by the seasons catwalk collections, and are not the shades that I would stereotypically cast over winter. I used them consecutively over a week or so and chartered the progress my inferior camera...



The first shade is a vibrant creamy pink; almost fuchsia in colour it is a stark contrast to my usual dark nails and this was the first decided to try out. It glides on smoothly and gave a professional finish after just two coats. I was surprised at how much I actually liked having bright nails, with all outfits it was nice to have a splash of colour somewhere!




The second is this beautiful metallic navy blue. I love this colour and actually already posess the similar Chanel Blue Satin, but this one is by far superior! Whilst the Chanel looks very dark on the nails and only shows a hint of blue when the light catches, this shade is very vivid and obviously blue. Once again it when on smoothly with no streaks (unlike gloppy Chanel) and lasted chip free for a good few days. I was really impressed with this and it shall return to my nails on their next, impending makeover.



The third shade in the collection is this milky pink. I must confess that I did not get on with this polish quite so well. The it took about four coats to get a strong shade, and I had a problem with the brush picking up too much polish and then blobbing everywhere. Saying this, the colour was pretty though subtle, and a nice shade of pale pink.

Mavala polishes come in smaller sizes than usual which is more economical if you rarely completely finish a bottle. I also noticed that my nails were a lot stronger after trying the polishes over the week; I'm not sure if this is due to the polishes themselves as I did use a ridge filler each time, but I have used that same ridge filler for months before hand with little improvement on my week nails.

Check out the full range of colours and products here

0 comments:

Post a Comment