Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, November 26, 2009

Info Post
Review



Quite a long time ago I dedicated a post to my quest for 'just bitten lips' and even joked about our favourite vamp Edward Cullen; I am not particularly a Twilight fan (it's mainly R-Patz I adore) but I do really enjoy most things vampire, so I had experimented, using some Benetint and tried to create a vamp worthy look.

Then recently I was browsing the ASOS beauty section when I saw the above, yes it is actually a Twilight Venom by DuWop!

Feel the rush as you apply this crimson lipstain suspended in a venom-laced plumping conditioner. As close as you can get the vampires bite.


That was enough to send me rummaging for my already exploited credit card and adding to basket! Unfortunately, not everyone is as eager as I to get close to a vampires bite. I found out that 'Loser!' is the immediate response when telling a friend you have bought a Twilight lipgloss, but that friend will have already commented 'oo just bitten lips' before learning the franchise of the said lipgloss; this product really does what it says on the tin!


About
Firstly, it is made by DuWop who are well known for their plumping lip venoms; this has a mentholy peppermint scent that tingles the lips a little on application.

Colour
The stylish separated formula needs a good shake to blend the 'blood' and the 'venom', but what is actually best about this mixture is that it separates back on the lips; this means that the red colourant sinks towards the centre and bleeds through the fine lines of the lips to create that bitten look. Beware the colour is really bright and though a stain will turn heads! My camera didn't pick up the colour too well, but it really is primary brick red.


Longevity
Unlike most lip stains I've tried, this has a conditioner to stop that horrible sticky tacky feeling, and it does not dry your lips out further. It also stays put really well and I had a Starbucks successfully without leaving a trace on the cup lid!

Value
It doesn't come cheap at £14.50, and I don't mind admitting that I was horrified to see the size of the actual bottle once all the fancy packaging was removed! The tube is smaller than the above picture, and only 2.96ml! Saying that, this product gives the effect that I have been trying like an alchemist to conjure for quite sometime. It is a bit of a scandal to pay so much for something so physically small, but I would probably do it again, as I use it almost everyday.



0 comments:

Post a Comment