Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, September 6, 2009

Info Post
Last Thursday I went to an event at the JOY store on the South Bank. They have teamed up with Ford Ka to launch a new campaign; every Friday in September there will be thousands of miniature toy cars hidden in stores across the UK and each is worth £10 if you find one! I joined other bloggers to launch the event with an instore treasure hunt.

We started with a glass of champers and a cupcake. I am never to modest to tuck in and these were delicious. We then set off to try and find the miniature silver Ka's dotted around the store.

Photobucket

Photobucket

On finding a car (or in my case someone taking pity and giving me thier spare) we exchanged it for a generous £60 of vouchers to spend. I haven't been into JOY for ages and was actually quite impressed with what they had on offer. I remember the clothes as being a little bit hippy-ish, but instead found several very nice items including a studded jacket, and many quirky concessions with cute dresses and skirts. I eventually settled on a sweater dress with a sheer polka neck and sleeves. I even had some vouchers spare for a fancy pink feather duster- handy as I live in the dustiest flat in Shoreditch.

Big thanks to the events team for inviting me, it was a really lovely evening and a great idea which I'm sure will prosper on following fridays.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I headed out into the night clutching my goods and had a call from Jeanie about a party at the Start boutique on Rivington Street, of course that is practically on my way home so I could not refuse! The night ended in Camden at a Ray Bans bash where many a vodka was consumed...Amy Winehouse turned up later which I was strangely intrigued by, she is very small and very active. Sadly no pictures from the party, the camera was lost in my bag, and also I remember reading that Winehouse does not take too kindly to paps, I am weak and she could take me out far too easily.

I went to the circus last night and danced to unlimited Spotify. Stay tuned for pictures...

0 comments:

Post a Comment