Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Info Post
Unfortunately I had to delete my separate beauty blog, it is probably not sensible for a girl who is out most nights of the week to attempt dual blog management. This means that the poor readers of Or False Glitter are once again lumped with my beauty musings.

A month or so ago when London was flooded with sunlight and the tubes were stuffy carriages of sweat, I was inspired to change my nail colour. The bright days drew me to the bright colours of the shelf as I browsed the make-up counters. During this time I was particularly drawn to pastels, and eventually scrubbed off the black polish that has inhabited my nails since the age of 16 in favour of something lighter. The result?

Photobucket

This pastel pink is by Barry M. The chalky colour has a hint of gold shimmer that is only visible in high light. Quite an easy formula to apply. I painted my nails on my lunch break hence the PC keyboard picture. I enjoyed this colour whilst it was on, and when it eventually chipped it wasn't too obvious.

Photobucket

Lilac nails. Another of the Barry M's. They do wonderful colours that are normally only available in higher prices brands- I had been eying up an OPI lilac, but this one was almost the same shade at the fraction of the price. Here I have 2 coats on and the colour is strong not streaky. It was nice to have a lilac nail for a few days.

Photobucket

Grey. Impulse buy at the horrid ASDA I have the pleasure of working next too. George @ Asda have a fairly extensive makeup range including some cool coloured nails polishes. This formula was very thin, and it took 3 coats to get a strong colour. Saying that, it only cost £1.50, and as the polish was so thin it actually bonded to the nail much stronger than the Barry M polishes. It still looked good after 3/4 days.

Now that the umbrella is once again a fixture in the bag, I have returned to my black talons. I feel strange without a dark painted nail. However, these nail experiments were interesting and fun whilst they lasted, and I have come away far less of a nail polish snob. Paying £16 for Chanel polish is not really worth it, and I have even downgraded my usual Chanel Black Satin for a cheap Black Rimmel. There is such little difference and I am not at the stage in life where paying £16 for a nail varnish is ok!

0 comments:

Post a Comment