Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Info Post
The month of fashion weeks is once again upon us; I bowed out of this weeks LFW in favour of red wine and relaxing but have been happily scrolling through the images as the shows drip one by one onto style.com. Of course I firstly look at the collection, the clothes, but I am also fascinated by the detail shots as runway beauty is always so carefully considered. Beauty trends are perhaps more subtle than fashion, but still ever present. I have a lot of shows still to click through, but these are my favourite beauty looks from New York and London so far...

Rodarte

Photobucket

The black lip trend is still going strong but is softened for summer by lining the lip and leaving the center naturally pink. This look is far more wearable than block black but still wonderfully striking! I read about a new Givenchy black lipgloss which would probably give a similar subtle touch, and this is something I will definitely be trying. Also, we must talk about the body art. Could temporary tattoos make a triumphant return in 2010?



Luella


Photobucket

I loved everything about the Luella show, the dresses, shoes, bags, hair and makeup! Everything worked so well together and here the high bun (seen at Vuitton last season) is reinvented with a pretty patent bow. The makeup is bold and bright, and almost paint like? I'm not sure what the artists used on the models, but it looks like some sort of creme formula rather than powder. I would love to get a matt colour like this as the intensity is amazing!



Roksanda Illinsic

Photobucket

I love the vampy ethereal look championed at Roksanda. This muted orange/brown colour eyeshadow cropped up in a few places last season, and here a thin layer is swept around the eye socket and right up to the eyebrows. The lips are kept pale, nude and almost blocked out to emphasis the eye bone structure further. Simple and beautiful.


0 comments:

Post a Comment