Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Info Post


This is not really a Batiste review, but rather a buying guide. I'm sure we all have a bottle stashed somewhere in our room, we know it works and have come to rely on it (the ultimate oversleep saviour) but when presented with a shelf full of different types, which is the best purchase? I was sent 3 bottles to try and have spent the past week or so testing them



1. Original

The original Batiste, but is it the best? I've overlooked this in the past, though the retro-style bottle is actually quite snazzy. It works to absorb oil and give greasy roots a boost, and leaves the hair with a clean scent with citrus undertones. I think this fragrance is one of the least overpowering in the range, and perhaps the closest to mimic the smell of freshly washed hair. It's not too feminine either, so could definitely be purchased as a unisex product.


2. XXL Volume


As I suffer with chronic flat hair syndrome I was excited to try this. I sprayed it in to clean hair and teased the roots. It looked good! It added a little matte texture and spruced up the volume an impressive amount! I headed out the the karaoke in good spirits, but sadly it was not to last, and my barnet resembled a pancake by the time we sang Backstreet Boys. It's no more costly than any of the other options, so there is no harm in trying it, though I suspect that perhaps any of the other versions may act exactly the same if sprayed at the roots?



3. Brit

Love this bottle! And the with the Queen's Diamond Jubilee this year it is oh so on trend! The copy on the back describes it as a 'truly British fragrance' but goodness knows what defines that! Eau de fish and chips? Roast Dinner de toilette? Let's just say that it's a strong floral that will linger throughout the day. It smells so strong that it masked my Dior Hypnotic Poison perfume, so beware if you are a subtle soul.


Verdict?
Call me boring, but I think I will be repurchasing the Original. It is the best replica for freshly washed hair of the lot, and also helps with volume when worked in to roots. I think that personal preference factors highly in this debate, so the only way to truly decide which is best, is to try them all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment