Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, December 5, 2011

Info Post

I am not a girly girl, but I have a fine collection of pink lipsticks! Come 7.45am on any given week day I can be found rummaging through my lip draw, frantically turning tubes on their end to try and find the perfect shade to supplement my eyeliner flicks.

Here is a line-up 6 of my favourites. The key to my choices is something chalky and pale, part 60s, part rigor mortis. You can see by the unattractive smushed stumps that they have all been well used.




I know that beauty bloggers favour a 'swatch' so here are some swatches along with a rundown of the shades. From left to right we have as follows:

The Night Out Pink
Barry M 100 - a bold statement with a thick opaque formula.

The Everyday Pink
YSL 10 - a rose scented nude

The 60s Style Pink
YSL 148 - very similar to the above, but slightly more peachy

The Pretty Pink
MAC Lustering- looks more natural that the swatch, a rosy flushed coral for enhancing natural lip colour

The Natural but Better Pink
MAC All the Way to Love - glossy sheer and moisturising with a hint of pastel

The Retro Pink
MAC Please Me - matte salmon, quite bright chalky. Lasts well but quite drying

In general, I advise to go for YSL lipsticks if you have the cash, they have a wide range of pinks in subtly fluctuating shades. Every formula is moisturising and has an enticing floral scent. MAC is great as a cheaper option, but avoid the matte if you have dry lips- it settles in the cracked and looks like weathered earth!

0 comments:

Post a Comment