Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Info Post

I love this dress from TBA. Lavish folds of sumptuous velvet in rich emerald, all complemented by a Victoriana crisp starched collar. Heavenly! This dress is so particularly suited to my tastes that one might question why I have not already purchased it, indeed I even own boots like above and could style it harmoniously!

The reason? This is a smock. Whilst the generous hanging fabric would conceal all manner of snack induced lumps and bumps, the sad fact is that too much fabric adds pounds. The lack of definition, lack of structure on this model above, only highlights her matchstick arms and legs; it is ironic- the fabric drapes off her bones leading us to deduce that her ribs are showing underneath. With a more robust thigh however, the loose cut would pose several questions, is it hiding a pregnancy and where on earth do those hips stop?!

I love this dress but I am wary. I am wary yet I can't resist. At least ASOS have free returns.

0 comments:

Post a Comment