Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Info Post

Regular readers will have noticed that I have become something of a nail nut. Without a slick of polish on my hands I literally feel naked, ashamed and disgusted at the very sight of my own bare nails. I have a bag full of various colours and brands, and now have a new favourite to help me get my nail fix.

I was invited to the Nail Girls salon in Islington to view the new spring/summer '10 collection; the four colours above are striking in the glassy bottled flesh, and quite unlike anything I have seen within other nail brands. The salon was set up by two sisters, and excitingly they devlop the colours and formulas of the polishes themselves.

Talking to Lynda-Lousie, I was a frenzy of naily questions, and was very interested to learn that she bases the colours each season on the catwalk collections rather than observing other cosmetics brands. This way the shades are new, unique and desirable every single season. Browsing the shelves of the salon I was really impressed with the range of colours accumulated...from the palest of pink nudes, to flouro pinks, vibrant blues and shimmering metallics, every base is covered. There is even a matte collection for those who desire edgy frosted nails. The real test however, is the polish staying power. The proof of the pudding really is in the chipping. I was treated to a manicure during which I choose matte black polish. 4 days later? Perfect. Totally perfect. This is very unusual with black polish, and I am mightily impressed. I think it actually steals the non-chipping crown from OPI, and price per bottle it is less for a higher volume!


0 comments:

Post a Comment