Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Info Post

The magnetic nail polish trend has been around for a few months now, but it wasn't until a dreary Friday night in (I'm addicted to The Bachelor) that I tried it out properly. I used Fashionista Magnetism Nail Lacquer, which has been developed in association with The Saturdays. My colour is 'All Fired Up Red' and has Rochelle on the box, I think.

You are instructed to paint on a first coat, and then on application of the second you must hover a magnet over the wet nail. Unfortunately this is not very easy. The magnet has to be close to the nail to develop the pattern, yet too close and you end up blobbing the magnet on to the wet polish and making a mess. My left hand (pictured) was quite successful, the right hand not quite so...It is also a terrible chipper that barely lasts 2 days.

Even so, it has a novelty value and with practice and a strong top coat could be quite impressive. I'm going to bring mine to work for the girls to try out, will report back any further findings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment