Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, October 31, 2011

Info Post


I love Halloween, and it's the perfect excuse for a little makeup experimentation. I am not good at costumes, so I simply donned the black lace and set about researching some vampire makeup.





I saw an amazing tutorial from MissChievous with red glittered eyes and bloodied lips, so after eating cakes and watching Strictly/ XFactor I emptied my vanity draws to select the products. Luckily I have lots of colour, so improvised rather than buying heaps of new products.



The look starts with a matte white contoured face. The eye socket is blended with aubergine, before being darkened with black. Bright red eye shadow is added for a flash of colour to the lid and under eye, before glitter is brushed on to finish. A dark wine lip completes the vampire face. I remembered about my old Babyliss crimpers (or perhaps was reminded by Xfactor Janet..) and clamped a few sections of hair in them to add volume.

Aware of blogging duties I took a hasty pic before exiting to a house party. By this point I had drunk a fair few tumblers of poisonous punch, so the focus on the Olympus was not as sharp as it could have been. Perhaps my lack of steady hand makes it spookier?




I gave flatmate Kat matching makeup. We started the night with 99p glow in the dark fangs, but these made us look manic, and I can't share the photographic evidence. Next year I am investing in some professional vamp teeth!



Click HERE to watch the MissChievous makeup tutorial

Tomorrow I shall be sharing Kat's Halloween nails!

0 comments:

Post a Comment