Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, August 14, 2011

Info Post

RIP red lipstick. The kind deposit of the Smashbox Limitless Lip Stain and Colour Seal Balm in a PR goodie bag has revolutionised my lip colour, so much so that there are many tubes of sad scarlet lippie left languishing in my dressing table, unworn and unloved. I've moved on.

This product is great, ten times better than the Max Factor Lipfinity Lip Tint Pen, here is my (gushing) review:

Shade: I was given Sangria, a rich deep red with pink undertones

Application:
As with other lip pens, this is quick and easy to apply; simply trace around the lip line and colour in. Simple and quick.

Colour:
Lip stains can be translucent and patchy, but this is bold. The colour builds up to a strong vibrant red, just as striking as lipstick, and you wouldn't noticed any difference in pigment. It goes on evenly and even with my paper dry lips, it didn't settle in the lines (unlike others, mentioning no names)

Longevity: This is amazing. It really does last! I applied this at 8am and ate breakfast and drank multiple cups of tea without it budging. After lunch, the centre was slightly faded so I topped up (could have gone without though) and then I sailed through to evening without hitch, simply layering on the softening balm to keep moisturised. I even went straight out after work to a magic show and ate a bagel without reapplying. 1 reapplication for a 14hr day is impressive.

Verdict: I love this. There are always occasions that call for red lipstick, and it's a relief to have found a option that doesn't require mirror checks every 5 minutes for bleeding colour and scarlet teeth. Also, it seems to have left my lips in far better condition that lipstick. Even after a creamy Chanel rouge, my lips are dry and sore the next day, but thanks to the inclusion of the colour seal balm, I didn't have any problems here. Best of all, Smashbox do not test on animals! I sense that I may have found my new favourite brand.

Smashbox is stocked in Debenhams





0 comments:

Post a Comment