Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, July 7, 2011

Info Post



I like the idea of organic produce, but I must admit it is not a lifestyle I have fully submitted to; £1 for lettuce or £2 for organic lettuce? I will always be reaching for the former in Tesco, simply due to financial constraints.

But perhaps skincare is just as important in the organic debate, after all we are putting these formulas on out faces twice a day, 365 days a year (give or take those makeup caked drunken snoozes). I sometimes read the boxes of face cream in Boots, but I have no idea what any of the scientific ingredients actually are or do.

I have seen some organic 'beauty' in Wholefoods, overpriced, ugly and unpleasant smelling, so I was really surprised to learn that the sleek and beautifully packaged Absolution products are organic. The brand has won some prizes for the design, furthermore it is crafted recycled materials printed with vegetable ink- stylish with a conscience

Looks aside, this stuff is good. I was given two products to try:

1. L'Eau Soir et Martin This cleansing water smells deliciously herbal, and can be used with a cotton wool pad to remove makeup and cleanse skin morning and evening. My skin is really sensitive, and prone to dryness, yet this left it clear and clean but not tight. It even melted off heavy duty three coated mascara without irritation! A pure luxury to use, I began to look forward to taking my makeup off at the end of the night and have already gone through a bottle. I am definitely going to repurchase.


2. Le Soin Regard - This is an eye cream that claims immediate effects and long-term benefits. I'm not sure about how will it smooths wrinkles overtime, but it certainly brightens up the eye by day. I have really bad dark circles at the moment (concealer reviews ahead!) and this really reduced the appearance with its reflective light reflecting formula. It also has an amazing fragrance that smells like it is doing good things!


I find it so hard to source skincare that agrees with my combination face, but these two products have proved an excellent match, and organic to boot! I would love to have the whole collection on my bathroom shelf and might have to purchase over time- would like to see how the moisturisers work.

Absolution Organic Skincare is available at Space NK



0 comments:

Post a Comment