Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, October 28, 2010

Info Post

Chanel Paradoxal. The new purple must-have that was apparently everywhere at fashion weeks worldwide. A non-attendee of fashion week for the past few seasons I am obviously missing the greatness of this shade.

Above you can see a bottle shot and the polish inside appears to glimmer and glitter in the light. In a brightly lit department store it shone with all it's tempting mystical purpleness and I was taken. Paradoxal was purchased.

Unfortunately it seems that this polish is Paradoxal by name and by nature. Once applied to the nails the bright highlights completely disappear and it dries a dull murky grey/purple. I don't really understand the technology behind this, even under direct light only a hint of shimmer can be detected. The picture below is quite accurate in it's depiction of the shade- a metallic nondescript mauve. I don't mind a dark grungy painted finger, I often welcome it! However, paying £16 for a sparkling bottle I did not expect such a paradox.

In typical Chanel fashion, its longevity is very questionable! Morning-after manicure I was chipping. Chanel shades always bewitch me but I need to learn my lesson, save the pennies and step away from the counter next time.



0 comments:

Post a Comment