Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, October 12, 2009

Info Post
Some people have a signature scent that is engraved in to their personality, and on smelling that perfume somewhere else you are immediately reminded of them. I have always liked the idea of this, but with so many options I have not yet remained faithful to any one. Just as you pick your shoes with the day's activity in mind, I pick my perfume in accordance to mood and situation. Here is a quick run down of the perfumes that I reach for the most:




Givenchy- Hot Couture



Givenchy's Hot Couture is probably the closest thing to my signature scent if I were to have one. I found this perfume on a sample rampage in Boots and loved it's classic scent. I wear this perfume both day and night quite frequently, and have kept coming back to it; in fact now I am on my second bottle, which is definitely a perfume first.



Dior- Addict
Christian Dior Addict surfaces fairly often but only in the following conditions: It must be night, I must be wearing heels that are hard to walk in, I must have black painted eyes and messy hair. If I were to describe this scent in a word, it would be 'dark', even the perfume itself is purple on the skin initially.


Benefit- Maybe Baby


Benefit Maybe Baby is like a trashy novel of the perfume world; flirty, fun and fleeting. It has a sweet scent that doesn't last too long on but for some reason I love the smell of it. And others do too, I wore it on a brave journey to London Bridge and on alighting an old man told me that I looked and smelt lovely! I certainly didn't look great that day so maybe that was the power of Maybe Baby?


Michael Kors


Michael Kors was a gift from Bianca who had abandoned it on the grounds it 'smells like cucumber' (Bi is a renowned cucumber hater). Whilst I can't actually smell the cucumber that she found so replusive, it has a distinct fresh smell that lasts from morning to eve. This is for days when I feel a bit grumpy, and I put it on in preparation for becoming more annoyed on the tube?

There are other perfumes but these are the staple four. Perhaps it could be said that I have four signature scents? I think it is a shame to limit to just one when there are so many out there, my sister even picks them by the look of the bottle! Do you have a signature scent or one for every occasion?

0 comments:

Post a Comment