Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Info Post

You can only wear one fragrance at a time, which poses a problem for a perfume hoarder like myself. I love buying or receiving new scent, and as a result I own a dressing table full of alchemist like bottles. I usually go through phrases of different day perfumes, and my flavour of the month is Dior's Hypnotic Poison.

Perhaps the first to channel the enchanted apple-esque bottle (Nina Ricci and DKNY have followed) this perfume looks as good as it smells. Opening the amethyst jewelled lid reveals a scent that is both candy sweet and sophisticated and musky. It reminds me a bit of those cupcake dolls you could get in the 90s...they had a cake shaped casing that could be flipped into a skirt and were 'scented'.

I sometimes write about perfume in work, and I find it quite fascinating how a smell can be broken down into a list of ingredients. So my cupcake doll scent is in fact:

Top notes: bitter almond and carvi
Heart notes: Sambac jasmine and jacarandra
Base notes: vanilla and musk


I can definitely get the vanilla but my nose is not delicate enough to detect jacaandra (a tropical flower apparently). Does your favourite perfume contain anything suprising?

0 comments:

Post a Comment